Wednesday, April 1
Judi and I were so excited to drive to the St George airport to pick up Trey. While we were just about to the airport, Trey sent us a picture looking out his airplane window at the "H" on the Hurricane hill. So Judi and I started looking for his plane and just then it flew right over our car so Judi took a picture of the plane and sent it to Trey. Trey's flight connected in Denver and he had no problem getting to his gate since he's travelled so much in his life.
Judi was so excited to show Trey Nala, our new puppy so that's what we did first. Nana remembered Trey too which was cool. Trey hadn't eaten all day so we came in and ate some pot roast and watched a Rocket League match. We then went back outside for a couple of minutes and played with the dogs and watched them play with each other and Splash came over to us too. We came back inside and opened up a box of Disneyland 70th cards which was so fun to do with Trey and Judi. After opening the cards, Trey helped me organize them and we got some of the extras for him to have. Trey and Judi then started playing and wrestling around. It was fun to see them having fun together. I then showed Trey some of the new Disney items and he showed me his Pirate poker set, camera, preach my gospel book, and other things I hadn't seen before. We then planned out our day for tomorrow and got ready for bed.
Thursday, April 2
Judi got up for school and left at 7:12 and Trey slept in until 10:30. When he woke up we ate breakfast and then went to St George to find shoes for his mission. We first stopped at Men's Warehouse but both associates were helping other people so we walked around the mall and ended up going to Dillard's where Trey tried on a few shoes and found 2 that he liked so we got them for him. One is a more comfy pair and the other is more of a dressy pair. We stopped at Albertsons and to get gas on the way home. We had some lunch and then brought Nana out to the front with us and started taking apart one of the benches in the front of the house so we could get it in the garbage before the garbage man came. We took a break when Judi was walking down the street and had Nana go run to her like she does. Then Judi helped Trey and I unscrew screws. There were a couple of screws that were stripped so we ended up just getting the chainsaw and cutting it into small pieces. We then went into the backyard and played with the dogs and cats and Trey brought out the football and we played catch with it. He also threw some deep balls to me which was a lot of fun. We then came in and played Texas Holdem' with Trey's new pirates poker set. We then had dinner and watched the Passover scenes from The Chosen. After dinner we took Nana on a walk to the mail and then Judi showed Trey her Minecraft worlds. Trey then showed me the pictures and videos from his campout which were fun to see. Judi then started writing her book on her computer, writing in her journal, and reading her Wings of Fire book so Trey and I watched a few episodes of Lost and we all went to bed. Also - Judi got student of the month this month in History!!!!!!
Friday, April 3
I woke up before Judi and Trey and went to the bank to renew my CD and withdraw some cash for Trey for his mission. Judi was up when I got back and I read the book that she has been writing - it is really good! Trey woke up and we all ate breakfast and then went outside for a little bit before we had to leave to make it to the movie theater to watch Super Mario Galaxy. Trey and Judi both were excited to see it. We went to the noon showing and it was pretty good. Judi liked it a lot. After the movie we went to Walmart to buy some presents for Shylah for her birthday. When we got home, we had lunch and then went outside. While we were outside, Splash was hunting a lizard in the pit and soon so were Nala and Nana. A couple of times the lizard actually ran up Trey's leg trying to evade the animals! Judi also caught some grasshoppers and fed them to the pets. We then took Nana on a walk to the mail and then came home and played Texas Holdem' and then I started dinner. We had ramen for dinner and watched American Pickers while we ate. After the show I took Judi to Shylah's birthday party and Trey and I watched 2 episodes of Lost. When I went to pick Judi up and could hear her and Shylah screaming having fun in the back yard. When we got home we watched some Donald Duck shorts and had some chips and cheese sauce and then got ready for bed.
Saturday, April 4
We woke up and watched General Conference at 10:00. We then went outside and trained Nala to "sit" and played with all of the pets. Trey also threw some football passes to me and I would run deep routes to catch them. Judi also caught butterflies and grasshoppers and kept them in a cage. We came in and had lunch and then watched the afternoon session of General Conference. After conference we went back outside to play with the pets again. We played outside until it was dinner time. We came in and had chicken and potatoes for dinner and watched a Rocket League match while we ate. After dinner, Judi wanted to catch more butterflies and grasshoppers so Trey and I watched an episode of Lost while she did that. When Judi came in she wanted to watch Survivor so we watched that and then Trey and I watched Lost while Judi had a shower. When she got out she wanted to write in her journal a little so we watched another episode while she did that and then we all went to bed.
Sunday, April 5
Easter! We woke up to watch General Conference and ate some breakfast during it. After the first session was over, we went outside and played with the pets and then went in and played Texas Holdem'. It was so much fun - I love playing with Trey and Judi. I totally related to Trey today because he kept getting dealt the worst hands (which happened to me the last time we played). I started out doing really well and then Judi got pocket aces twice!! She had all the luck during the second half of our game and ended up winning by a ton! We had lunch and then watched the second session of conference. After it was over we went outside and played monkey in the middle with the frisbee and also all threw the football around. Again, so much fun! We came in and had dinner and watched a Rocket League match and a Minecraft video before going back outside to play with the pets. Judi's mom came to pick her up around 8:10 and then Trey and I came in and watched a few episodes of Lost before we went to bed.
Monday, April 6
I picked up Judi around 10:30 after I did my after easter candy sale shopping. When we came home, Trey was still asleep so we went outside and while we were out there, Trey woke up and we ate breakfast. We then all went outside and played with the pets. We also took both Nana and Nala to the mail which was Nala's first time going on a walk. She did really good. When we got back, Judi wanted to play Palia on the Switch so Trey and I watched Lost. When she was done, we all went outside. Trey threw some routes to me again. I so love doing that with him! Judi wanted to stay outside and catch butterflies for a while longer so Trey and I came back in and watched more episodes of Lost. When Judi came back in, we all played Texas Holdem' which was a lot of fun. I git dinner ready while Trey and Judi emptied the dish washer. We watched Minecraft videos on Youtube while we ate. After dinner we went outside and played with the frisbee until Judi's mom came to pick her up. Trey and I then came in and we finished Lost and then watched the first episode of the new Darth Maul Star Wars series before we went to bed.
Tuesday, April 7
Trey and I woke up and went to Zion National Park around 10:00AM while Judi was at school. There was a long line of cars waiting to get into the park and no parking places at the visitors center so we ended up driving through the tunnel to the east side of the park and did a couple of small explorations there and got some fun pictures. We ended up getting home just a few minutes before Judi so we ate lunch and then brought Nana out to the front yard with us to meet Judi as she walked home. Judi had some homework to work on so Trey and I went outside to throw the football around. Once again, he threw me some deep passes and I ran and tried to catch them. It was SO MUCH FUN! I'm going to miss that for the next two years. Hopefully I'm in good enough shape to do that more when he gets back. We came in and sat on the couches with Judi as she finished her homework and then we all went to take Nana and Nala on a walk to the mail. After the walk, we came in and played Texas Holdem. It was really close for all three of us today but Trey squeaked out the victory. I then got dinner ready - pasta roni and cheesy noodles. We watched Rocket League while we ate and then went outside to play monkey in the middle with the frisbee. At 7:20pm, Trey and I took Judi to the church for her Young Womens activity which was hiking cinder knoll. Trey and I watched the second episode of the Darth Maul show and then just talked about Star Wars and mission stuff, I really enjoyed just spending time talking with Trey. Judi came home and had a shower so Trey asked if he could watch a little of one of my father/son golf tournaments that I have recorded so we watched it and when Judi got out, she watched the rest of it with us. Trey then had me record a video of "words of wisdom" for him on his camera that he is taking on his mission. I was honored to do that. I sure love that kid! Anyway, then we got ready for bed.
Wednesday, April 8
I got Judi up and off to school about 7:15 and then I tried to go back to bed for a few minutes but just ended up lying in bed. Trey's flight left out of St George at 11:10am so we left the house about 9:20 and headed to the airport. It was fun talking about some of the memories that we made and looking forward to making more when his missionary service is done. When I asked Trey if he was excited or nervous or what his feelings about his mission were he said that more than anything he was sad that basically his childhood was now over and that when he got back, he'd have to start "life." We got to the airport about 9:50 and since Trey checked in online, we just went right to the short security line. We gave each other a big hug and then I watched as he got in the line, went through security, had some friendly conversations with the TSA agents, and then waved at me as he gathered his things and once again as he walked past the glass wall towards his gate. This was such a fun visit even though we couldn't do what we normally do with his toe hurt and my elbow hurt. The most important thing to me is that I think Trey truly felt that I love him and I felt that he loved me.
No comments:
Post a Comment