Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 16-July 22, 2016

July 16, 2016
We picked up the kids at the Las Vegas Airport where they had flown in with their mom from Texas and headed straight to Disneyland and the Beach. First we checked into the Tropicana Inn in Anaheim at about 4pm, got changed, and headed out to Huntington Beach. When we got to where we typically park at Huntington Beach, all the parking lots were full, which I still find extremely strange. When I grew up in California, everyone started leaving the beach by about 4pm. Regardless, there wasn't a parking spot to be found so we drove a little further south and came to Newport Beach where we encountered a similar parking situation. However after driving around for a bit, we found a spot. We got there about 6:15pm and spent about two and a half hours there. We had fun building a trench for the waves to go in and a wall to keep the waves out. Shelby and Trey spent some time playing in the ocean as well and Shelby even got knocked over pretty hard by a wave. We headed back to the Tropicana, took showers and headed to the ticket counter to get our tickets. After getting our tickets, we headed back to our hotel to get some sleep for the next day!

Quote of the Day: Lizi: "I don't like eating fruit snacks because my ears pop."


July 17, 2016
Disneyland's 61st Annaversary! 7:40am-Midnight

Quote of the Day - Shelby: "I'm going to cut the cheese a lot today from muffins."
Trey's first time driving by himself


July 18, 2016
7:30am-Midnight

Quote of the Day - Shelby after we had just discussed how expensive it was to go into Club 33 at Disneyland and I just said, "I'd like to go in there." Shelby: "I'd like to go in there too but I don't want it to cost a trillion dollars. I only have 11 cents."


July 19, 2016
7:30am-7:30pm We headed to Disneyland in the morning and I came back to our hotel at 9:30 to pack our van and to checkout by 11. I headed back to the park at 11:30 and we had lunch around 1 at the Golden Horseshoe Stage. We saw the 4pm showing of Frozen, then went to the World of Disney Store to buy souvenirs and went to IHOP for dinner at 7:30. We got on the road at 9:11pm and made it home early the next morning at 3:09am.

Quote of the Day - Trey: "One of your water bottles is empty...sorry about that."
One of the kids favorite things to do - pin trading!

July 20, 2016
The kids slept in until a little after 10am (I guess that means that, as parents, we did our job wearing them out all week!). We ate cereal and then had a good time exploring their rooms, looking at the new Disney room and checking out the yard. We went to the Hurricane and St George Animal Shelters and got a kitten that the kids wanted to name Happy. Lizi then went out to play in the sand box to build Disneyland, Trey and I played with cars, creating a ramp out of cereal boxes and poster board. Shelby played in her room with her princesses. We then went to Walmart to pick out their birthday gifts and get some groceries. I went back outside with Lizi to help her with a flower shop she was building in the sand box while Trey played with his new Star Wars Hoth sand kit in the yard and Shelby played with our new kitten Happy. We ate dinner and then Trey went to his room with the race track we made to do another racing tournament with his cars. Lizi and I worked on her Lego set that she got from Walmart and Shelby also worked on her set in the living room with us. We then went outside to play kickball and came in to watch Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Rotten, No Good, Very Bad Day. They laughed hard through parts of it but I'm not sure they are quite old enough to appreciate some of the humor. After the movie, they cleaned up some toys and headed for bed.

Quote of the Day: Each year after we go to Disneyland, I have the kids write down their 10 favorite rides. I was sitting in the back seat with Lizi as she started writing hers down. She asked me not to look at her list until she was done. After a couple of minutes, I was zoning out, staring at her list not thinking about what I was doing. Only one ride had been written down and it was Splash Mountain. She saw me staring at her paper and quickly covered it up and said, "Hey! don't Splash it!" She meant to say "look at" but saw Splash mountain written down and got mixed up. We laughed very hard for a long time.
Our new kitten, Figaro
\
July 21, 2016
We had breakfast after getting ready for the day. I had been sorting through numerous bins from my grand parents and mother's house in California for the previous few months and I wanted to show the kids the process of it and show them some of the fun things that I was finding. I showed them my trophies from when I was a kid and had them pick out a few items that I set aside for them from things I found in the bins. We then came inside and the girls got their legos out and played with them in the living room while Trey and I set up a car race track again and raced cars. I also put on the 2011 family video to watch as we played. The kids seemed to love to see what they looked like when they were younger. After a couple hours of playing in the house, Trey wanted to play golf so he took his golf clubs outside and started hitting balls. The girls came outside and played in the sand box and in the clubhouse. Trey and I set up an orange bucket that we tried to hit the balls into. After being outside for quite a while, I suggested that we go get snow cones so we headed to snowcaps and got our snow cones. We came home and played a game of settlers and then went outside to play a few games of kick ball. After kickball, we had dinner and then went out to play in the sand box. Trey started by building the "Matterhorn Line Hotel" and from there we built a mickey mouse shaped pool, Splash Mountain, the Rivers of America and a train that went all the way around. We did that until way late at night - about 10:30. We then came in and watched Disney cartoons on my computer and went to bed.


July 22, 2016
We had to get up a little early to make it to the airport and we ate before we left at 8:30. The kids ran outside after eating for a quick second to check out what we had built the night before. Daisy likes to sleep in the sand box so she had already leveled splash mountain and the Matterhorn hotel. Liz drove to the airport and I sat in the back and played ward fish with Shelby and Trey and Trey also explained his minecraft figures to me. Once to the airport we went through security and Trey had his sand from his hoth set taken away from him. We had planned for Shelby and Lizi to sit by me but Lizi decided that she wanted to sit by Liz so I sat between Shelby and Trey. I gave Lizi the disney character drawing book and paper for her to draw them. Shelby, Trey, and I played Ward fish and then Trey slept while I showed Shelby pictures of her when she was a baby and pictures of my mom and grand parents. Once we got to Dallas, Shelby hid from her mom for a little while, being silly. We chatted and walked them to their car because the kids were having a hard time leaving us. Lizi especially was clingy to Liz and had many tears. Shelby also cried a little when she got into the van because she wanted another hug but was reprimanded a little by Steve who, understandably, was ready to go. We told the kids we loved them and waved goodbye as they drove off.

Quote of the Day - Lizi, on the way to the airport: "I don't think she'll get lost because it's her car and she's driving."

No comments:

Post a Comment