Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring Break 2015 March 7-March 14

Friday March 6, 2015:

I left home around 8:00am to catch my 11:30am flight out of Las Vegas. I arrived in Dallas just after 3:00pm and waited until the kids got to the airport around 9:30pm for our 11:00pm flight. Lizi and Shelby brought me surprises and were so excited for me to see them. We chatted for a few minutes, checked the bag in, used the restrooms and then headed through security. The kids are such good little travelers now. I've been trying to have them find our gate and teaching them how to get around in the airport. When it was time to board the plane, I had already told the kids that Trey would sit across from me and Lizi next to me and Shelby against the window. I told Trey his seat and he lead the way onto the plane. The two seats next to where he was assigned to sit were already occupied by a  mother and her 20ish daughter. They watched, amused, as Trey sat in his seat, pushed his bag under his seat, and fastened his seat belt like it was second nature. They looked up trying to figure out who he was with. I was a few yards behind because Shelby had turned around and started talking to me as we were waiting for the aisle to clear. As they realized he was with me, they continued gawking over how cute he was to be an expert traveler. It was fun to see. Our plane actually landed early in Vegas and we got home around 3:30am Saturday morning.

Quote of the Day - Trey, recounting his experience on the airplane: "Those girls totally freaked out when they saw me."
Me: "Why?"
Trey: "They said I was cute."


Saturday, March 7

Shelby and Trey woke up much earlier than I expected, considering we got home at 3:30am. But by 7:30 they were awake and playing with Jenna - Trey sowing her his baseball cards of his team. Lizi stayed in bed. Shelby and Trey then came in my bedroom and played with Judi. After playing with Judi for a little while, we went into the kitchen to eat breakfast. After breakfast Jenna, Shelby, and Trey played Jenna's cello. The noise finally woke Lizi up and she came out to eat breakfast while Trey continued playing the cello and Shelby played with her polly pockets. We then all went outside to ride bikes. Lizi showed a real interest in learning to ride her bike without training wheels for the first time without being pressured to do so. She did really good. Shelby, Trey, and I then played basketball while Lizi kept practicing on her bike. We then all went to Jenna's soccer game and watched her win 8-1 and even score a goal. Trey and I then went to hike Mollies Nipple while the girls played in the clubhouse. When we got back home, Trey found his rocket launcher and played with it while the girls continued playing in the clubhouse. We then all came in for dinner. After dinner, I took Shelby, Trey, and Lizi to play pickleball. They all did really good with Trey really showing a desire to play. Shelby hit a couple of really good forehands too. We came home and Shelby and Lizi rode bikes while Trey and I played catch. Shelby then went with Jenna, Gracie, and Bella down to Gracie's house to make ice cream. Lindsay was babysitting a few kids and brought them over so Trey, Lizi, Brecken, and I played kickball. Shelby came home and then we all played with legos. After legos, we watched UP and had ice cream, took baths and went to bed.

Quote of the Day -  Shelby: "Daddy, you look like you're 47.
Me: "47!?! Why?
Shelby: "Because you're so tall!"


Sunday March 8

Trey came and crawled in bed with me in the morning. Even though I'm always exhausted, once any one of the kids comes in my room in the morning, I can't go back to sleep because I feel like if I sleep, I'm wasting time that I could be spending playing with them. So we all got up and Liz made pancakes for breakfast for us. We then went off to church. After church, we came home and the kids had a webchat. After the webchat we ate lunch/dinner and then went outside to play kickball. After a couple of games, Trey and Shelby played in the sandbox while Lizi and I played in the clubhouse. Trey and I then played baseball with the plastic balls and bat. The kids then wanted to ride bikes so we went out front and rode. Lizi, again, did really good on her bike. Lindsay brought Brecken and the other kids over and Brecken played with sidewalk chalk with the kids and played kickball with us. We then played ultimate Frisbee which was a lot of fun. The kids then got the idea to set up their little tents in the house and sleep in them. After setting them up, they once again wanted to ride bikes so we went out and rode again. Trey and Jenna then wanted to do a BBQ with hot dogs and marshmallows so we got our little grill out and the kids had lots of fun running down to the ditch to get weeds to burn to roast the marshmallows. They would bring a handful, leave it on the chair, and then run back down to get another handful. They had fun roasting and eating their hot dogs and marshmallows. We then came in and watched The Emperor's New Groove and ate ice cream (lizi had candy) then did our bedtime routine and Jenna and Shelby slept in one tent and Trey and Lizi slept in the other. I should say, that's where they started out. When I checked on them at about 5:00 in the morning, Jenna had moved to the couch, probably because she had to curl her legs up to fit in the tent, and Lizi was on the floor next to Shelby and Jenna's tent.

Quote of the Day -Trey: "It's like once I come in (to our bedroom in the morning), everybody wakes up."


Monday, March 9

We slept in until 8:30. When I got up, I found Shelby outside with Daisy. When the kids first come back, Daisy has been a little skidish at first and so Shelby tries extra hard to get Daisy to like and remember her. Once all the kids were awake, I showed the kids some of my mom's Disneyland tickets and memorabilia. I then put on a Jake and the Neverland Pirates for them while I got ready for the day. We then had breakfast and cleaned up the tents from the night before. We then went out side and played kickball, ultimate Frisbee, and rode bikes. While the kids rode bikes, I spent a little time going through a few bins in the garage where I found my mom's green crayon costume that she would wear to school (her kindergarten class that she taught) for Halloween. I showed it to the kids and Shelby tried it on. We got some cute pictures of her with it on! After playing outside, we had worked up an appetite so we came in for lunch. After lunch, Trey and I went outside to play baseball and Shelby and Lizi stayed inside to play with Shelby's Repunzel Castle. Trey and I came back inside and all the kids played with the Repunzel Castle and Lizi's Sleeping Beauty's Castle. We then went to play pickleball for a little while. The kids really like playing. When we got home, the girls went to the clubhouse and then we all played on the teeter-totter. Shelby and I came in and played foosball and then Trey and I went out and played baseball again. The kids all decided that they wanted to ride bikes again. Lizi was getting really good - in fact, she even rode all the way to check the mail with us for the first time! When we got home, I went to the store with Shelby and Jenna. While we were gone, Lizi lost her first tooth when she bit into a piece of an apple that Liz gave her. Lizi felt the tooth come out and got a little worried and said, "uh oh." Liz grabbed her camera and got pictures of it right as it was happening at the kitchen table. While Lizi was losing her tooth, Trey was playing on the computer.
Once we got home from the store, we had Family Home Evening, and then watched Lady and the Tramp 2 before starting our bed time routine.

Quote of the Day - Me:"Lizi, I am so proud of you for the way you are riding your bike! That's awesome! Lizi: "Yeah. I know."

Tuesday, March 10th

I had to go to work. After I had left, Shelby was up first, followed by Trey and then Lizi. Lizi likes to sleep in a little longer than the other kids, and Trey is usually the first one up. Once they were all up, they watched a Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Liz and Alley went to run the pickleball store while Jenna and the kids stayed home. They watched the movie Planes, rode bikes and played in the sand box. They then had lunch. After lunch, Trey played the Wii, Shelby played on the computer, and Lizi was feeling sick so she laid down in bed. Shelby, Trey, and Jenna then went outside and played on the teeter-totter, then Shelby came in to play the piano and Trey stayed outside to ride his bike some more and write with sidewalk chalk. Lizi stayed inside the whole time sleeping. Liz and Alley got home and then took all the kids into St George to run some errands, including coming to see me at work, at Lizi's request. We came home, Lizi had a bath and Shelby, Trey, and I played kickball. After kickball, we came in and had dinner, watched Disney Cartoons, and started our bed time routine.

Wednesday, March 11th

At 4:00am, Lizi came in my room to tell me that her pajamas were itchy. Shelby came in because she was feeling sick at 6:00am so we made a place for her on the couch. Once Trey and Lizi woke up, I put on a Jake for them while I got ready for the day. Shelby slept on the couch still, as she still wasn't feeling good. We ate cereal, and then Trey, Jenna, and I went on a hike to Three Falls. The hike was fun and we spent a good amount of time at the big pool at the base of the last falls. Trey had fun throwing rocks into the pool and watching the big splashes. While we were at the pool, I began to get the chills and not feel so good so we came home and Shelby and I cuddled together in a porch chair out side, watching Lizi play in the sand box. Lizi had fun creating rides - some of them from her own imagination and some based on rides at Disneyland. Trey was inside playing on the Wii. Shelby and I then came in to take a nap while Trey and Lizi played in the sand box. After our naps, we went back outside and played a game of kickball. We then came back inside and watched Song of the South, worked on the Disneyland chain, and started our bedtime routine.

Thursday, March 12th

Trey came in our room about 2:00am and told us that he had thrown up. I asked him where and he said, "In the sink." Nice job, Trey Buddy! I asked him if he felt sick and he said that he felt fine so I walked him back to his bed and he went back to sleep. I had to work in the morning but I left notes for the kids. They got up and had breakfast and watched a Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Trey and Lizi then played the Wii while Shelby slept. I came home from work not feeling good and went to sleep with Shelby. Trey went outside to play in the sand box while Lizi played inside with her princesses. Everyone then made chick "Peep Houses" for Easter time, which are the same thing as ginger bread houses. We then all had lunch outside which was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I had to go back to work and the kids went to the Washington Rec Center to swim and go down the slides. We all came home about the same time and had Pizza for dinner. After dinner we watched Sleeping Beauty and then started our bedtime routine.


Friday, March 13th

I had to go to work. Shelby slept on the couch again in our room and she and Liz were talking in the morning when Trey came in and climbed into bed. The kids all got up and watched Tom and Jerry. They then all loaded up and went to see baby goats and then went on to Cottonwood Park in Colorado City. I got home from work and the kids came home from the park and we played kickball, except Lizi who played in the sand box. We then played tag with the ball. We decided to come in and put out the Disney figurines in the curio Liz got at a yard sale. We then watched Disney cartoons on the lap top, ate lasagna for dinner, and watched Oliver and Company. After the movie we played a few games of War (card game) and started our bed time routine.



Saturday, March 14th

The day the kids leave is always hard on both me and the kids. We woke up and got going early. On the ride to the airport, I sat in the back, next to Trey and Lizi, and we all played Ward Fish. We met up with their mom and they went through security. This time it was Lizi that kept looking back and waving every few seconds. It was so cute! Can't wait till summer!!





No comments:

Post a Comment